[BioC] Intensity distribution of "significant genes"

Phguardiol at aol.com Phguardiol at aol.com
Wed Jan 21 19:53:43 MET 2004

Hi all,
this a pretty general question ...
let say I have identified a set of genes differentially expressed between
group A and group B and I m using Affy chips (but this could be also interesting
for 2 color arrays).
Is there a way - something already available) to see the distribution of
these down and up-regulated genes (with 2 different colors) on the chip slides ?
In addition, if we have "the impression" that the 2D distribution of these
spots is not random with, for instance, a high density of these in the "left up
corner" or somewhere else, is there a statistical test - so that it is no more
an impression - to say that in some parts of the image, the distribution of
these differentially expressed genes does not seem to be random suggesting a
problem with the procedure or the slides ? I think that looking at the slides is
necessary but not enought... ?
Hoping that all this is understandable...
Thanks
Philippe