[BioC] P calls (VSN and RMA)

Naomi Altman naomi at stat.psu.edu
Tue Jan 13 15:50:33 MET 2004

We used

norm.data <-
expresso(raw.data,bgcorrect.method="rma",normalize.method="quantiles",
pmcorrect.method="pmonly",summary.method="mas")

I did not look at the spiking controls (I should) but the investigator did
RT-PCR for several of the genes that expressed near 50 in all
conditions.  A couple of these were present at low levels, but most were not.

10 seems very low to me.  After the flurry of January grants is over, I
will have a look at the spiking controls on these arrays.

--Naomi

At 08:42 AM 1/13/2004, Isaac Neuhaus wrote:
>Wolfgang:
>
>For the VSN and RMA we used only the PMvalues with the affy version 1.2.25.
>
>raw.data <- ReadAffy(filenames=cels, sampleNames=names, verbose=F)
>vsn.data <- expresso(raw.data, normalize.method="vsn", bg.correct=F,
>pmcorrect.method="pmonly", summary.method="medianpolish")
>rma.data <- rma(raw.data)
>
>Isaac
>

>w.huber at dkfz-heidelberg.de wrote:
>
>>Hi Petra,
>>two questions:
>>

>>>I used VSN data and did a filtering step ...
>>>

>>Did you use just the PM values or PM and MM (and if so, how)?
>>

>>>Thus, the transition between sensitivity and selectivity occurs at
>>>intensity values between 7.4 and 7.9.
>>>
> From what other people have told me, I'd expect that there is not a
>>universal value, but that it would be different for different probe
>>sequences (according to the distribution of C, G, T, and A across the
>>positions 1..25). Also, the exact value would depend on scanner settings
>>etc. .... Opinions?
>>
>>Best wishes
>>Wolfgang
>>
>>-------------------------------------