[BioC] technical replicates

William Kenworthy W.Kenworthy at murdoch.edu.au
Tue Jan 13 03:15:51 MET 2004

Unfortunately, they came to us too late and were forced by circumstances
to complete the experiment as designed.  Next time ...

I am thinking a straight average of the replicate values for each gene
may the best solution (not per probe).  However, a significance value
may show up a suspect gene (if a difference exists across the
replicates, something is wrong in a yes/no fashion, rather than looking
at degrees of significance)

My preference is to use RMA from the affy package as a first pass, then
expand using some of the other algorithms but concrete examples (and
documentation) on how to specify replicates is lacking.  (i.e., the data
examples say there are replicates, but how are they specified/handled -
or not?)

Billk