[BioC] M vs A plot

Wolfgang Huber w.huber at dkfz-heidelberg.de
Tue Feb 10 11:43:26 MET 2004

Hi Richard,

I am not aware of reasons why you shouldn't use a span of more than 0.8.
Afaik, even values>1 can be useful in some cases (although straight
robust linear regression (rlm) may be more appropriate in these cases).

On another note, there is a trade-off between what normalization can do
and data quality - are you sure your funny looking plots are curable by
normalization, and are not a result of too bad a quality of the data ?

Best wishes
   Wolfgang

--
Wolfgang Huber