[BioC] t test

Binita Dutta binita.dutta at vib.be
Wed Feb 4 17:11:18 MET 2004

Hi All,

I have done a very simple cDNA microarray experiment (Wild type -Cy5
Vs  Mutant variety-Cy3 and color flip expriment on our mouse arrays).
This  experiment was repeated and i have results of all these four
experiment.  Using Marray norm i could normalise the data and have exported
M and A  values on excel sheet. However, I need your suggestions to
interpret the  result using  R package (Genes  which are differentially
expressed in  mutant type compared to the wild type). I wanted to use
multtest package (which probaly is not the right package for these
experiments) but have not been able to get anything out from it yet.

In our lab we calculate normalised R and G values (from M and A values)and
then do t test in microsof excel to check for differentially expressed
genes. But I  want to use biocondutor to check differentially expressed genes.

Please let me know if it is possible to analyse these data using
bioconductor program.

Binita

Dr. Binita Dutta
MicroArray Facility(MAF)