[BioC] `lag' and `differences' must be integers >= 1

S Peri biocperi at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 31 21:13:26 CEST 2004

Dear Group,
 I am trying to compute the statistc for MA and
volcano plots.
I modified from the following function comparing  R
code from a Bioconductor workshop.

> stat.fx<-function(x,cl){
+ index_ACC = x[cl==0]
+ index_NC=x[cl==3]
+ tmp<-t.test(x[index_NC],x[index_ACC],var.equal=TRUE)
+
c(mean(tmp$estimate),-diff(tmp$estimate,tmp$statistic,tmp$p.value))
+ }
> scores <-stat.fx(adrexp,adr.cl)
Error in diff.default(tmp$estimate, tmp$statistic,
tmp$p.value) :
        `lag' and `differences' must be integers >= 1

Index_ACC = cancer population
index_NC = normal population

adrexp <-exprs(justRMA())

Why am I getting this error. Is this because my
expression set has log fold changes.

pleae suggest a solution.
thanks
ps