[BioC] recipe for installing and using Bioconductor with Mac OS X 10.3 and R GUI 1.9y

Kasper Daniel Hansen k.hansen at biostat.ku.dk
Tue Apr 13 23:38:32 CEST 2004

On Tue, Apr 13, 2004 at 05:15:51PM -0400, Marc Salit wrote:
> I've been trying unsuccessfully to use Bioconductor (mostly the affy
> package) on a Mac with OS X 10.3.3, running R with a GUI, either 1.8.1
> or 1.9.0 beta. I've tried to install Bioconductor with getBioC.R, which
> doesn't work all the way, and also tried to use a shell command to
> install downloaded packages, a la R CMD INSTALL
> /path/to/pkg_version.tar.gz , which also doesn't work all the way
> (stops when it can't find a 'make' command in SHLIB.

You do not gives us much to work with here. While not a Mac user myself,
it would help if we could see the output from the failed build. However,
it seems you have problems building some C code. Have you installed the
packages mentioned in the R for MacOS FAQ from the R-project/CRAN
homepage?
--
Kasper Daniel Hansen, Research Assistant
Department of Biostatistics, University of Copenhagen