FW: [BioC] Re: [R] marrayNorm package (fwd)

Jean Yee Hwa Yang jean at biostat.ucsf.edu
Wed Apr 7 03:11:15 CEST 2004

Hi Anthony,

See help(maSub)

maSub isn't a vector representing "good spot".  Instead, its is there to
indicating which spots are currently being considered in the matrix maGf,
maRf, maRb, maGb etc  It is used to enable correct calculation of the
print-tip and plate information.  E.g

If the original matrix is x = 100 by 5 and you applied a subset of
x[1:10,]
then maSub will be a logical vector of length 100 with the frist 10 values
equal to TRUE and the rest equal to FALSE.

If you want to filter the data file before ploting.  You simply use the
subset notation.
i.e.
maPlot(swirl[1:100,])

Cheers