[BioC] Doc for Bioconductor

Vincent Carey 525-2265 stvjc at channing.harvard.edu
Thu Sep 25 17:19:30 MEST 2003

> Hi,
> I would like to know if there is reference on bioconductor (in a
> comparable format as the R reference index or a classical API doc)?

Every function in every package is referenced in an R package manual
page.  For help with genefilter, you can say

library(genefilter)
?genefilter

to R.  This is a standard.  You can also you help.search("[word]")
to learn about functions that have doc that use [word].

> I do not find any doc that explain each functions (argument types,
> default value), data container. According to me, the vignettes are not

if you are more specific on questions that are not resolved by
the doc, perhaps it can be edited to be more helpful.  but be sure
to look over the web site and packages carefully for function descriptions.