[BioC] 64-bit CPUs and bioconductor

w.huber at dkfz-heidelberg.de w.huber at dkfz-heidelberg.de
Wed Sep 24 21:26:11 MEST 2003

Hi Shinichiro Wachi,

we've been running bioconductor on a 64 bit HP-UX machine for a while. And
that is nice since it indeed gives you lots of RAM (in our case, up to 96
GB).

The only issue is to get all the compilers and necessary libraries in 64
bit versions when you compile R and install bioconductor.  There are -to
my knowledge- no inherent limitations with R or bioconductor.

Best wishes
  Wolfgang

Wolfgang Huber
Division of Molecular Genome Analysis