[BioC] R and ARB

Nicholas Lewin-Koh nikko at hailmail.net
Fri Sep 12 01:54:20 MEST 2003

Hi,
Just took a quick look at the code and it doesn't llok like it would be
too difficult to port since it is a command line interface. I don't have
a problem using it, though I will email the authors and see about getting
"better" license on it. Better meaning something more established with
better legal ramifications such as the mit license. Licensing is a pain
but it is important to respect the copyright and intent of the authors.

I agree about having an R interface to the phylogenetic estimation
routines. Especially as Bioconductor gets better sequence processing
facilities. I would be happy to include some of your implementations in
the package and work you guys in as co-authors if you would like to
contribute.

Nicholas