[BioC] Trouble getting started with Bioconductor

Paul Cantalupo lupey+ at pitt.edu
Wed Oct 29 20:54:45 MET 2003

Hello,

I have a Win2K machine and I just downloaded and installed R 1.8.0. Then
I followed the directions in http://www.bioconductor.org/faq.html under
the heading of "Installing Bioconductor packages using the installation
script getBioC.R". The installation seemed to go well but when I tried
got this error:

 > library(AnnBuilder)
Error in bindingIsLocked(m2, where) : not an environment
Error in firstlib(which.lib.loc, package) :
         Package Biobase unavailable!
Error in library(AnnBuilder) : .First.lib failed

Can somebody please help me? I am not sure where to turn to next.

Thank you,

Paul Cantalupo