[BioC] Creating an new exprSet

Marcelo Luiz de Laia mlaia at fcav.unesp.br
Wed Oct 29 20:28:21 MET 2003

Hi people,

I read the Vignette of VSN and the html help for VSN and exprSet.

I don't understand how do I do to create one new exprSet from my datas.

Could Someone send me an exprSet model?
How many files should I have?
I have a 3 file (var_suscep_rep1.txt, var_suscep_rep2.txt,
var_suscep_rep3.txt) with the following format:

Gene_ID Ctrl_Bkgd Ctrl_sVol Ctrl_Vol Data_Bkgd Data_sVol Data_Vol
 gene1    30.2       1.9      32.2      7.4       1.1       8.4

Ctrl = Untreated
Data = Treated
Bkgd = background
Vol = Intensity of foreground (spot)
sVol = Vol - Bkgd

Can I make a file with Ctrl_sVol and Data_sVol for each replicate or one
file for Crtl_sVol and another file for Data_sVol?

new('exprSet',
exprs = ...., # What should I put here considering the data above?
se.exprs = ...., # What should I put here considering the data above?
phenoData = ...., # This a file? What should I put here considering the data
above?
annotation = ...., # What should I put here considering the data above?
description = ...., # What should I put here considering the data above?
notes = ...., # What should I put here considering the data above?
)

How do I do to load my datas into exprSet?

Thanks

Marcelo Luiz de Laia, M.Sc.
Dep. de Tecnologia, Lab. Bioquímica e de Biologia Molecular
Universidade Estadual Paulista - UNESP
Via de Acesso Prof. Paulo Donato Castelane, Km 05
14.884-900 - Jaboticabal, SP, Brazil
PhoneFax: 16 3209-2675/2676/2677 R. 202/208/203 (trab.)
Phone res: 16 3203 2328 - www.lbm.fcav.unesp.br - mlaia at yahoo.com
---