[BioC] Error while loading Biobase

Chevreux, Bastien {VFB~Kaiseraugst} Bastien.Chevreux at dsm.com
Fri Oct 24 15:55:18 MEST 2003

Hello there,

(note: these problems are unrelated one to previous ones I reported and where I run with Windows NT).

I have installed R on a SUN Solaris. Apart from the fact that I didn't have latex and couldn't make dvi or pdf documentation, all went well. (Ah, and there's no browser in the path, but i don't need interactive help on that machine). R works fine and examples coming with the documentation also work.

Then I installed the newest bioconductor via source("URL...") and getBioC(). From what I can see in the log, only the XML an Rgraphviz failed to compile (didn't find include files). If I understood the dependencies right, then these packages are not absolutely needed.

When I now try to load Biobase, I get:

------------------- snip ------------------
> library(Biobase)
Error in bindingIsLocked(m2, where) : not an environment
Error in library(Biobase) : .First.lib failed
------------------- snap ------------------

Or any other library (affy, maNorm, etc.) as they need Biobase.

Now, I skimmed the archives and didn't find that error. Any hint?

Salut,
  Bastien

--
Bastien Chevreux - DSM Nutritional Products
Bioinformatics VFB - Bldg. 203 / 113a

This e-mail is for the intended recipient only.
If you have received it by mistake please let us know by reply and then
delete it from your system; access, disclosure, copying, distribution or
reliance on any of it by anyone else is prohibited.
If you as intended recipient have received this e-mail incorrectly, please
notify the sender (via e-mail) immediately.