[BioC] microarray data representation

Park, Richard Richard.Park at joslin.harvard.edu
Wed Oct 22 20:01:25 MEST 2003

Hi Cass,
I've done something similar to what you are looking to do. My PI and I decided on our own formats as compared to exprset to make it easier for the standard biologist to use. If you are thinking of a java interface into R, you may want to look into dcom automation server. I have made a visual basic interface that communicates with S-plus/arrayanalyzer through its automation server.

The biologists like it much more, but it has definitely been a learning process streamlining the process. We've been able to streamline it so that any new user should be able to background correct, normalize, plot, and make lists within an hr of starting it.

HTH,
Richard Park