[BioC] Problems with GCOS and affy

Tan, MinHan MinHan.Tan at vai.org
Sat Oct 18 03:27:58 MEST 2003

Hi,

I have just migrated our system froM MAS5.0 to GCOS (I wish I hadn't!)

I am having problems reading the GCOS generated CEL files in - it seems
that ReadAffy doesn't recognize the .CEL files.

The error message is "The file does not appear to be a .CEL file".

The .CEL files and the .CHP files (for the HGU133A) seem to be 5 MB each
(in GCOS), in comparison to the same files in MAS5.0, which are 14 MB
and 11 MB.

Has anyone else migrated their system to GCOS and experienced the same
problems?

Regards,
Min-Han Tan
Van Andel Research Institute
This email message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient(s) please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.  Thank you.