[BioC] Unknown cdf error while processing affy files

James MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Wed Nov 26 21:53:07 MET 2003

If you are using the new scanner, this means that your .cel files are
likely the new binary format. You need to update to the developmental
version of affy. As I recall, you will also have to update to R-1.8.0 or
later.

Best,

Jim

James W. MacDonald
Affymetrix and cDNA Microarray Core
University of Michigan Cancer Center
1500 E. Medical Center Drive
7410 CCGC
Ann Arbor MI 48109
734-647-5623
>>> Tapan Mehta <tapmehta at yahoo.com> 11/26/03 3:25 PM >>>
Hello,

I am trying to run the mas5 and rma methods of affy
package on some data of affymetrix. It is supposed to
be scanned from a new scanner. However I am getting
this error where it complains about unknown cdf or cdf
not existing in the repository . I am running on an
older version of R ( R1.7) and bioconductor version of
1.2. Please could anybody guide me in getting around
this problem.

Thanks,

Tapan Mehta