[BioC] problem loading ontoTools

Nicholas Lewin-Koh nikko at hailmail.net
Mon Nov 17 09:09:37 MET 2003

Hi,
I can't get ontoTools to install. Is this due to a methods problem
between 1.8.0 and r-patched (1.8.1)? Or am I missing
something. Thanks
Nicholas

> R.version
         _
platform i686-pc-linux-gnu
arch     i686
os       linux-gnu
system   i686, linux-gnu
status
major    1
minor    8.0
year     2003
month    10
day      08
language R

> install.packages2("ontoTools")
Note: You did not specify a download type.  Using a default value of:
Source
This will be fine for almost all users

[1] "Attempting to download ontoTools from
http://www.bioconductor.org/repository/devel/package/Source"
[1] "Download complete."
[1] "Installing ontoTools"
* Installing *source* package 'ontoTools' ...
** R
** data
** inst
** save image
[1] TRUE
[1] TRUE
[1] "SparseM library loaded"
[1] TRUE
[1] TRUE
[1] TRUE
[1] "rootedDAG"
[1] "root"
Error: couldn't find function ".class1"
Execution halted
/usr/local/lib/R/bin/INSTALL: line 1: 29279 Broken pipe             cat
"/usr/local/lib/R/library/ontoTools/R/ontoTools"
ERROR: execution of package source for 'ontoTools' failed
** Removing '/usr/local/lib/R/library/ontoTools'
Warning message:
Installation of package ontoTools had non-zero exit status in:
installPkg(fileName, pkg, pkgVer, type, lib, repEntry, versForce)
>From URL:  http://www.bioconductor.org/repository/devel/package/Source
        ontoTools version 1.1.0