[BioC] help w/ bg.correct.gcrma

James MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Sat Nov 1 03:17:30 MET 2003

The first try should read like this:

bgaffy
<-bg.correct.gcrma(rawaffy,gcgroup=getGroupInfo(rawaffy),estimate="eb",
triple.goal=TRUE)

Note the error in your message. You can also set triple.goal=FALSE, but
you have to do one or the other.

As for the multi-argument returns message, that is simply a change as of
R-1.8.0 that really only concerns the package maintainer. For now the
functions will work fine (except for the annoying warnings).

HTH,

Jim

James W. MacDonald
Affymetrix and cDNA Microarray Core
University of Michigan Cancer Center
1500 E. Medical Center Drive
7410 CCGC
Ann Arbor MI 48109
734-647-5623
>>> Jenny Drnevich <drnevich at uiuc.edu> 10/31/03 16:29 PM >>>
Hi,

I want to explore the GC-based background correction in gcrma. I'd like
get the bg corrected PM values, not the summary values. I think I can do

this with bg.correct.gcrma, but I'm having problems getting it to run
correctly. I'm looking at some of the Affy spike-in data, and running R
1.8.0 and Bioconductor 1.3. I followed the format I found from
?bg.correct.gcrma:

 > bgaffy
<-bg.correct.gcrma(rawaffy,gcgroup=getGroupInfo(rawaffy),estimate="eb")
Error in FUN(array(newX[, i], d.call, dn.call), ...) :
         Argument "triple.goal" is missing, with no default
In addition: Warning messages:
1: multi-argument returns are deprecated in: return(y = yhat, wt)
2: multi-argument returns are deprecated in: return(y = yhat, wt)
3: multi-argument returns are deprecated in: return(y = yhat, wt)
4: multi-argument returns are deprecated in: return(y = yhat, wt)
5: multi-argument returns are deprecated in: return(y = yhat, wt)

Additionally, I tried:

bgaffy
<-bg.correct.gcrma(rawaffy,gcgroup=getGroupInfo(rawaffy),estimate="mle")

and got over 50 of the "multi-argument returns" warning messages. Any
ideas
about what I need to do?

Thanks,
Jenny