[BioC] MGU74A and MGU74Av2

Matthew Hobbs mathob at gimr.garvan.unsw.edu.au
Mon Jun 23 11:17:37 MEST 2003

Thanks to everyone for the helpful responses.

On Sat, 21 Jun 2003 06:10 am, Ben Bolstad wrote:
> You have several options.

I will probably look into both.

> 1. treat the MGU74a  and MGU74av2 seperately, then try to figure out a
> way to combine them.
> 2. Look at only the common probesets but in this case you will be
> thowing away about 2500-3000 probesets (out of about 12600 total
> probesets)
>
> Option 1 is doable right now.

OK then - I'd really appreciate some guidance with option 1.  (I am still
fairly new to BioConductor and a pretty wobbly user of R.)

>> I will have an approach for option 2 in a couple of hours (a local
> colleague has been bothering me about this for awhile).

And I look forward to seeing this too!

Thanks.
Matthew Hobbs

Garvan Institute of Medical Research
384 Victoria St            Ph   : (02) 9295 8327
Darlinghurst
http://www.garvan.org.au        email:  m.hobbs at garvan.org.au