[BioC] Phylogenetic inference

Ramon Diaz rdiaz@cnio.es
Fri, 17 Jan 2003 10:15:19 +0100

Dear Kjetil and Susan,

I am not sure about the functionalities but the "ape" program in CRAN might do
some of what you want. With regards to PHYLOGR, no, it won't do phylogenetic
inference ---it is targeted for the statistical analysis of data in a
phylogenetic context, but phylogenies are to be given to PHYLOGR. Right now
PHYLOGR will not work on the latest R version because of a few silly things
that I have not had time to fix yet (I am the maintainer).

For other programs, you might want to take a look at Joe Felsenstein's list of
software
http://evolution.genetics.washington.edu/phylip/software.html

Best,

Ramón