[BioC] Potential reposTools bug (was: simple error)

Jeff Gentry jgentry at jimmy.harvard.edu
Tue Dec 23 16:50:14 MET 2003

Hello.

Yesterday in the email "simple error" (included below), Paul Grosu
reported a problem when using the affy package, but it appears to be
actually related to a problem in reposTools.  The source of the problem
has been difficult to track down as some are able to reproduce and others
not, but we are working to resolve this.  In the meantime, if you do
encounter this problem, pleast let me know.

Thanks
-J

-----------------------------
Hi -

I'm getting the following error when I try to do rma on loaded CEL data:

> datafiles <- ReadAffy()
> procinfo <- rma(datafiles)
Note: You did not specify a download type.  Using a default value
of: Win32
This will be fine for almost all users

Error in FUN(X[[1]], ...) : No direct or inherited method for function
"pkgVersion" for this call

For some reason it's not creating the procinfo object that I want it to
create.  Any ideas?

Thx,
-paul