[BioC] simple error

Laurent Gautier laurent at cbs.dtu.dk
Mon Dec 22 10:33:20 MET 2003

On Sat, Dec 20, 2003 at 01:48:31AM -0500, Paul Grosu wrote:

> Hi -
>
> I'm getting the following error when I try to do rma on loaded CEL data:
>
> > datafiles <- ReadAffy()
> > procinfo <- rma(datafiles)
> Note: You did not specify a download type.  Using a default value of: Win32
> This will be fine for almost all users
>
> Error in FUN(X[[1]], ...) : No direct or inherited method for function
> "pkgVersion" for this call
>
> For some reason it's not creating the procinfo object that I want it to
> create.  Any ideas?
>
> Thx,
> -paul

>From R outputs you copied, it seems that you are using a windows
version of R. You might want to specifify which version of R and of
the packages you are using...

Apparently the trouble comes from an attempt to download something,
which makes the cdfenvs and the autoload mecanism (relying on reposTools)
good suspects. Without version numbers for R, affy and reposTools,
I can't guess further.

Hoping it helps,

L.