[BioC] How to use spiked controls

Naomi Altman naomi at stat.psu.edu
Wed Dec 17 17:46:53 MET 2003

Spiked controls can be used to:

1) Determine the success of the hybridization.
2) Center arrays when there is reason to think that there may be a large
percentage of genes that express differently on different arrays
3) Used in a titration series, the spiked controls can be used to at least
somewhat calibrate the expression levels from the array with the actual RNA
concentration.

Regarding the last idea, I have not yet ploughed through all of the
Bioconductor document - is there a routine to assist with this type of
calibration?