[BioC] Advice on cluster hardware

Anders Sjögren anders.sjogren at math.chalmers.se
Thu Dec 11 10:34:13 MET 2003

Dear All,

regarding Apple G5 clustering, there is a rather much spoken of cluster
of 1100 dual 64-bit G5:s at Virginia Tech, which can studied to some
depth (including design documents etc, if I recall correctly) at their
homepage http://computing.vt.edu/research_computing/terascale/ . Should
be interesting to take a look at. The G5:s are supposed to run several
distros of Linux, but I don't know the details. I think Virginia Tech
runs OS X 10.3 on them.

Best regards

Anders Sjögren

PhD Student