[BioC] BioC GUI development

James Wettenhall wettenhall at wehi.edu.au
Wed Dec 10 02:30:27 MET 2003

Hi,

I notice that GUI development is on the agenda for the BioC
Users Group meeting.  So I thought I'd give an update on what
I'm working on.

Some of you know, I have an R/TclTk GUI for the limma package
called limmaGUI, which is only for cDNA microarray data.
(Slightly out-of-date) screenshots of worked examples are
available at :
http://bioinf.wehi.edu.au/limmaGUI/Doc/

More recently, I've been working on an affy version of the GUI
called affylmGUI.  Screenshots are available at:
http://bioinf.wehi.edu.au/affylmGUI/Doc/Estrogen/

The discussion at BioCBUG may focus more on web-based GUIs which
is fine.  But Tcl/Tk may be of interest to some people.

If anyone wants to install limmaGUI or affylmGUI, they require
the Tcl/Tk extensions Tktable and BWidget (available in the
ActiveTcl distribution) or from sourceforge.  tkrplot from
CRAN is required for plotting and some other R packages
are recommended (see the DESCRIPTION files).

install.packages("limmaGUI",contriburl="http://bioinf.wehi.edu.au/limmaGUI")
install.packages("affylmGUI",contriburl="http://bioinf.wehi.edu.au/affylmGUI")

Don't try to run them both simultaneously in the same R session -
not possible yet.

Regards,
James

James Wettenhall                                  Tel: (+61 3) 9345 2629
Division of Genetics and Bioinformatics           Fax: (+61 3) 9347 0852
The Walter & Eliza Hall Institute         E-mail: wettenhall at wehi.edu.au
 of Medical Research,                     Mobile: (+61 / 0 ) 438 527 921
1G Royal Parade,
Parkville, Vic 3050, Australia
http://www.wehi.edu.au