[BioC] Bioconductor Problem

E Motakis, Mathematics E.Motakis at bristol.ac.uk
Mon Dec 8 21:03:46 MET 2003

Dear all,

I am a 1st year Ph.D. student at the University of Bristol and I am working
on Microarray data analysis. I downloaded bioconductor to obtain PM and MM
probe data from an experiment but when I write

> library(affy)
> s<-ReadAffy("N1dat.CEL")
> s ### to see the data

the result is:

Note: You did not specify a download type.  Using a default value of: Win32
This will be fine for almost all users

Error in getCdfInfo(object) : Could not obtain CDF environment, problems
encountered:
Specified environment specified did not contain RAE230A
Library - package rae230acdf not installed

###RAE230A is the probe array type

Data for package affy did not contain RAE230A
Bioconductor - rae230acdf not available
AffyBatch object
size of arrays=602x602 features (2834 kb)
cdf=RAE230A (??? affyids)
number of samples=1
Warning message:
missing cdf environment ! in: show(structure(list(), exprs =
structure(c(202.5, 18912.8, 292.5,
Note: You did not specify a download type.  Using a default value of: Win32
This will be fine for almost all users

Error in getCdfInfo(object) : Could not obtain CDF environment, problems
encountered:
Specified environment specified did not contain RAE230A
Library - package rae230acdf not installed
Data for package affy did not contain RAE230A
Bioconductor - rae230acdf not available

I downloaded manually the RAEacdf, RAE annotation and RAE probe package but
the same problem persists (exactly the above message appears again). Do you
know what should I do?

Regards,
Makis Motakis

E Motakis, Mathematics