[BioC] Annotation Questions

John Zhang jzhang at jimmy.harvard.edu
Mon Dec 8 18:59:57 MET 2003

>Thanks for your response regarding mapping IMAGE clone IDs to unigene.
>I have some further questions
>I am not using Affymetrix arrays.  This is why I don't think that
>downloading
>the "Annotation CSV" files will help me?

You are right.

>It seems that in the examples on the vignettes that the starting point is
>a list containing Affymetrix probe id's and then Genbank accession numbers.
>My starting point is a list of clone id's.  I will use the examples from
>the Bioconductor parsers and investigate creating my own parser.
>However, when it comes to the mapping of clone id to accession number
>is there something in Bioconductor that I can use?

No, users are responsible for providing a file with the required mappings.

>My next question would be could I use the function fileMuncher?
>Also, how do I find out more about functions while using Bioconductor?
>Other than looking at the code how can I find out more about
>ABPkgBuilder(which I will
>be doing)?

type ?function name (e. g. ?fileMuncher) will show the help page for the
function.

>Also, is there a way of 'running' a vignette so that you don't have to type
>everything in?

library(tkWidgets)
vExplorer()

envokes a widget that allows users to explore the vignettes of installed
packages without having to type the code.

>A minor but important question.  In R if you mistype a line like you are in
>the middle
>of typing a long if statement.  What keys can you hit so that you can fix
>the if statement
>without retyping the whole if statement?

Why do'nt you type your code in a text editor and then cut/paste your code to R.