[BioC] Bioconductor: Two Mailing lists

Martin Maechler Martin Maechler <maechler@stat.math.ethz.ch>
Wed, 28 Nov 2001 16:50:08 +0100

    >>> My proposal is to set up a discussion mailing list (that
    >>> we all subscribe to) for Bioconductor. I don't think
    >>> that we have anything to

    Vincent> i take it that mailing to
    Vincent> bioconductor@stat.math.ethz.ch constitutes even at
    Vincent> this point a discussion mailing list

    Vincent> an open question is how to structure the
    Vincent> communications system.  bioconductor-core is
    Vincent> necessary for continuing threads like this one.
    Vincent> bioconductor-help, bioconductor-devel also seem to
    Vincent> make sense.

    MM> I would propose to change this (current group) to
    MM> "bioconductor-core" -- which I would propose to call
    MM> "biocore" (the the other being too long for my taste).

    MM> and make "bioconductor" a new (currently only) public
    MM> list.

which -- after nodding from Robert -- I'm about to implement.

Bioconductor := Public Mailing List for Discussion about the
	     Bioconductor Project and its pieces of Software.

Biocore	     := "Bioconductor Core Development Group"

So, actually, I'd appreciate if you guys could stop posting for
a while to both "bioconductor" and "biocore",
and later post to "biocore" only for `internal discussion'.

I'll have you all subscribed to both biocore and bioconductor
and will add the other interested people to bioconductor only.
I'll also move the archives which is a bit tricky,
and that's why I'd appreciate a two hour (or so) complete silence break.

	(Next time think more in advance, Martin!)

Martin

Martin Maechler <maechler@stat.math.ethz.ch>	http://stat.ethz.ch/~maechler/
Seminar fuer Statistik, ETH-Zentrum  LEO C16	Leonhardstr. 27
ETH (Federal Inst. Technology)	8092 Zurich	SWITZERLAND
phone: x-41-1-632-3408		fax: ...-1228			<><