[Bioc-sig-seq] Fwd: seqselect using GRanges object on multiple chromosomes

Janet Young jayoung at fhcrc.org
Thu Jun 23 01:15:41 CEST 2011

Hi again,

A further note - the workaround I first emailed only works when there's one range per chromosome.   I have a better workaround now - the coercion looks like this instead:

convertGRangesToCompressedIRangesList <- function (myGRobject) {
    myGR_convert <- split(myGRobject, seqnames(myGRobject) )
    names(myGR_convert) <- unlist(lapply(myGR_convert, function(x) { as.character(seqnames(x))[1] }))

    myGR_convert <- lapply(myGR_convert, ranges )
    class(myGR_convert) <- "CompressedIRangesList"
    myGR_convert
}

Janet

Begin forwarded message: