[Bioc-sig-seq] novoalign format support

Martin Morgan mtmorgan at fhcrc.org
Tue Mar 9 22:20:16 CET 2010

On 03/08/2010 01:59 PM, Wu, Xiwei wrote:
> Hi, all,
>
> Is there any plan to support Novoalign format in readAligned function in
> the ShortRead package? We have been using it as a standard tool, given
> its alignment accuracy, but we have to convert it to MAQ format to use
> with readAligned function so far.

I couldn't easily find a description of their data format.

> Also, when Rsamtools will become available in the development version of
> R?

The intention is that Rsamtools will be in the next Bioconductor
release, which is now not that far away (a couple of months). I notice
that novoalign says that they are able to export SAM files so maybe
there is not a big need for importing their format directly?

Martin