[Bioc-sig-seq] ABout how to trim out the adaptor of soleax short data!

Harris A. Jaffee hj at jhu.edu
Thu Jan 28 00:40:39 CET 2010

Patrick's trimLRPatterns function in the Biostrings package.

Beware that the allowed mismatches arguments, including the defaults
of 0,
are turned into vectors of the same length as the relevant pattern.
If a
single integer is specified, including the default, it is turned into a
vector with many -1's at the beginning, preventing any partial
matching of
the pattern.  So, the only possible trimming will be by the whole
pattern,
assuming that it matches well enough.  But the presence of the whole
adaptor
would be a rare event.  To permit arbitrary partial matching, exact
or not,
you have to give a vector of the same length as the relevant pattern,
e.g.
rep(e, nchar(pattern)), for whatever non-negative e you want to
allow.  You
can do this separately for the right and left adaptors.