[Bioc-sig-seq] Problem compiling Rsamtools 1.0.7

Lapointe, David David.Lapointe at umassmed.edu
Tue Aug 10 23:25:29 CEST 2010

Hi I using R-2.11 (with shared libs) and trying to installl Rsamtools  ( 2.6.26.8-57.fc8  x86_64).

I am using the R CMD method to get this to work.
R CMD INSTALL Rsamtools_1.0.7.tar.gz
** installing help indices
  converting help for package ‘Rsamtools’
    finding HTML links ... done
    BamViews-class                          html
    finding level-2 HTML links ... done

    Rsamtools-package                       html
    ScanBamParam-class                      html
    readBamGappedAlignments                 html
Rd warning: ./man/readBamGappedAlignments.Rd:10: missing file link ‘GappedAlignments’
Rd warning: ./man/readBamGappedAlignments.Rd:36: missing file link ‘GappedAlignments’
    readPileup                              html
Rd warning: ./man/readPileup.Rd:34: missing file link ‘GRanges’
    scanBam                                 html
** building package indices ...
** testing if installed package can be loaded
Error in dyn.load(file, DLLpath = DLLpath, ...) :
  unable to load shared library '/usr/local/lib64/R/library/Rsamtools/libs/Rsamtools.so':
  /usr/local/lib64/R/library/Rsamtools/libs/Rsamtools.so: undefined symbol: ecrc32
ERROR: loading failed
* removing ‘/usr/local/lib64/R/library/Rsamtools’

libz.so.1 is present in /usr/lib64

I am not sure what library contains ecrc32

Davdi