[Bioc-sig-seq] rtracklayer - suppress track line

Chris Seidel seidel at phaget4.org
Fri Aug 6 17:11:58 CEST 2010

Hello,

I've been using rtracklayer to make bedGraph files from RLElist objects
(which works wonderfully). e.g. a little pseudo code:

ip <- RLElist(myBigFatChipSEQpipelineResults)
export(ip, "ip.bedGraph")

I then convert the bedGraph files to bigWigs using the bedGraphToBigWig
command line utility from UCSC. The bigWigs are binary versions of wig
or bedGraph files that are created from wig or bedGraph data that does
not have an initial track line. However, rtracklayer puts an initial
"track line" in each file by default, that has to be removed for bigWig
creation.

My question is: how do I suppress having a track line in exported
bedGraph data?

-Chris

sessionInfo()
R version 2.11.1