[Bioc-sig-seq] counts differences among multiple RNA-seq samples

Kunbin Qu KQu at genomichealth.com
Sat Apr 3 05:48:22 CEST 2010

 Hi,

I have run RNA-seq on 4 human samples, and I'd like to look at the count number from each sample at regions where any of the sample has some read coverage (say, threshold of 5 reads). What is the best way to do this? It is basically to examine the differentially expression regions across the transcriptome, not just limited to known annotated regions. I having been trying to use IRanges and related packages, but things start to get hairy when come to cluster the reads, condense them (within certain bp range), back-track the identities. I also looked at Cufflink, but it does not seem to be for this purpose, isn't it? Any advice is highly appreciated.

-Kunbin

The contents of this electronic message, including any attachments, are intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed and may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message or any attachment is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please send an e-mail to postmaster at genomichealth.com and delete this message, along with any attachments, from your computer.