[Bioc-sig-seq] SOLID data

Martin Morgan mtmorgan at fhcrc.org
Thu Feb 5 01:39:20 CET 2009

Hi Nicolas --

nicolas servant <Nicolas.Servant at curie.fr> writes:

> Dear List,
>
> Does anybody have ever try to analyse some SOLID data using Biostrings
> and ShortRead ?? or anything else !
> The ShortRead package was developped to manipulate short reads from
> Solexa, 454, Helicos or SOLiD (cf vignette), but in practice, it seems

A not necessarily helpful answer; maybe others will reply, but... I
removed SOLiD from explicit mention in the ShortRead vignette, because
as you say the color space model complicates things (the vignette was
written early in the life of ShortRead, when plans ran ahead of
reality). ShortRead I/O and other Bioconductor tools might still be
helpful at some point in a SOLiD work flow, once reads are represented
as traditional nucleotide sequences (which I guess they must be at
some point?).

Martin