[Bioc-sig-seq] Illumina vs. ABI Solid

Droit Arnaud Arnaud.Droit at ircm.qc.ca
Wed Dec 23 01:14:40 CET 2009

Hi all,

The institute where I currently work is in the process of buying a new HT sequencer. We are debating whether we should get an Illumina or a Solid sequencer. I was wondering if anyone of you could give me some advice in terms of analysis. As a bioinformatician using R, I am particularly interested in comparisons in terms of analysis, data manipulation/storage in R, etc. We have some experience analyzing Illumina data but no experience with Solid data.

Thanks to all!

Arnaud Droit, Ph.D
Bioinformatician
Computational Biology Research Unit