[Bioc-sig-seq] Problem with ShortRead reading quality scores from bowtie

Martin Morgan mtmorgan at fhcrc.org
Thu Aug 6 19:55:25 CEST 2009

Fuad Gwadry wrote:
> Hi All
>

> I am getting negative values when reading quality scores when I read data generated in bowtie. Has anyone run into the same issue when using data generated by bowtie ? My session info is below.

For the record, the development version of ShortRead has been changed to
return FastqQuality encoding of the quality scores, for both
readAligned, type="Bowtie" and for readFastq. The return type can be
selected using the argument qualityType="SFastqQuality", for instance,
for either command. This will be reflected in ShortRead version 1.3.24,
available from svn now and via biocLite (for those using the development
version of R) in a day or so.

Martin
--
Martin Morgan