[Bioc-sig-seq] alignQuality

Martin Morgan mtmorgan at fhcrc.org
Thu Aug 6 19:38:22 CEST 2009

Fuad Gwadry wrote:
> Hi Martin
>
> Thank-you for your help with readAligned. The quality scores are in the
> correct range now.
>
> Going back to my question on alignQuality I had a couple of days ago I
> found found that all of the values are NAs. They exist since I am still
> able to generate the quality scores matrix. I typed ?alignQuality and it
> doesn't appear I'm missing any parameters.

There are two types of 'qualities' possible.

One is of the quality of the base calls, and these are quality(aln).

The other is the quality of the alignment, which is retrieved by
alignQuailty(aln).

Bowtie does not output alignment qualities. Hence, alignQuality(aln)
returns all NA.

Martin

--
Martin Morgan