[Bioc-devel] No bioc-git server access

Kern, Lori Lor|@Shepherd @end|ng |rom Ro@we||P@rk@org
Tue Jun 11 13:16:44 CEST 2024

Sorry for the inconvenience and the confusion.  It looks like there was an error when your account was created.  It has been remedied and you should now have a BiocCredentials account associated with the email.  You will still have to activate your account to gain access. Let us know if there are any further issues.

Lori Shepherd - Kern

Bioconductor Core Team

Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center

Elm & Carlton Streets

Buffalo, New York 14263

________________________________
From: Bioc-devel <bioc-devel-bounces using r-project.org> on behalf of Katharina Waury <kathiwaury using gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, June 11, 2024 6:36 AM
To: bioc-devel using r-project.org <bioc-devel using r-project.org>
Subject: [Bioc-devel] No bioc-git server access

Dear Bioconductor team,

I am currently in the process of contributing a package to Bioconductor (
https://secure-web.cisco.com/1OMau_OoT0nwyU4C3DyQB2YVR5V7sSg9VxVVMi7dEeM4TZRW94PIuFpGjMAQoLiEbNf0aIcbAbiYqSXwstYNjrzCs7vwfMIz8Q7ZuW2yy_B3ihqqQEt9yhty0vAcAwWJLarGhqTVzsI4JXskF9rr3jXzRpwaEOv7vFyRiYgxmNH0m7DbtVs-85HIKbgdAwbF6JXbw4_9oIXrDnC2oJmomqLo3ztEqVyzJzweUnudIKvH1aHKB2clokEOimvRQKXDDj1BZZPyQqrjAVn68lfJ5lXRsxZTKqs-geGYezFqfI1I_b0qIA3mx6mFDLLSFbMhq/https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2FBioconductor%2FContributions%2Fissues%2F3446).
Today I wanted to implement the necessary changes for the pre-review check
but I have trouble accessing the package on the bioc-git server. I was
following the instructions from
https://secure-web.cisco.com/1AscsMVklbEOOkhubh6AwC-RNat5ufkJ5ACoiXzLbRF8W-7-Ex_Q8G-kW3N0Kv6fPHGLTR2V0tc90OQ7bf3ZCzoTrSy4sKbX6JPG6dyAffdkqUW4ep7rYpDWLZF5Taa9U8e1NPjn67b9qLteuUGzEtGNnAjxRZbdAdacY1y0HN0Zjd2ee_YsS4qb_Lm-OLc5j3uqigHLfTz2nrgcRYPI4tu1aJekqaenV6p_4delZJLkdAhjwV6M_r1zdeMqo7bz_jcCznmh3Pld4c5qomXFhpPYVoNigE344-Lt5R6xaCHsE2oRcixpZ6-8_iN5XvYys/https%3A%2F%2Fcontributions.bioconductor.org%2Fgit-version-control.html%23subversion-to-git-transition
.

I have a public ssh key associated with my account. I have also created a
config file to set the ssh key to use as suggested in
https://secure-web.cisco.com/1FbqFgDqnyzbWLhcKAgddzamcc6eVSYRiAubQW2Ro1guSx4qMC8vuLnIEwUctUVJt7bXqeSSOcK4nrd3Ko-YD1kKqNUg1Y8s9wty-BBJjbstsN7gQm0yIHddkgAHbEmKf_xaQNkCx3rQmKZChffWhMlndYz4JwmpNKPkZ9AThSWPrsv_f2bzwRKtxld3aapHB9yrWDkynr-TDJa5kYkEI0UiU_8YfmBvlwSlntZG64TL5qHAIzcwHG0v-8P1gKuKRpTu0RlCR1oYLIZ0uQGTQi2Qsxt27UrdmVSkemsv9ide5X2_hwKbfs4Cps_9tCmKO/https%3A%2F%2Fcontributions.bioconductor.org%2Fgit-version-control.html%23faq

host git.bioconductor.org
    HostName git.bioconductor.org
    IdentityFile ~/.ssh/id_ed25519
    User git

However, I still receive an error message when trying to gain access

$ ssh -T git using git.bioconductor.org
> git using git.bioconductor.org: Permission denied (publickey).

When trying to activate my Bioconductor Git Credentials, I am not able to
do so because my email is not associated with a maintainer of a
Bioconductor package. Might this be the problem or am I not supposed to
have access to the Credentials site yet?

Any help would be appreciated a lot!

Best,

Katharina (GitHub: kathiwaury)