[Bioc-devel] No bioc-git server access

Katharina Waury k@th|w@ury @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Jun 11 12:36:53 CEST 2024

Dear Bioconductor team,

I am currently in the process of contributing a package to Bioconductor (
https://github.com/Bioconductor/Contributions/issues/3446).
Today I wanted to implement the necessary changes for the pre-review check
but I have trouble accessing the package on the bioc-git server. I was
following the instructions from
https://contributions.bioconductor.org/git-version-control.html#subversion-to-git-transition
.

I have a public ssh key associated with my account. I have also created a
config file to set the ssh key to use as suggested in
https://contributions.bioconductor.org/git-version-control.html#faq.

host git.bioconductor.org
    HostName git.bioconductor.org
    IdentityFile ~/.ssh/id_ed25519
    User git

However, I still receive an error message when trying to gain access

$ ssh -T git using git.bioconductor.org
> git using git.bioconductor.org: Permission denied (publickey).

When trying to activate my Bioconductor Git Credentials, I am not able to
do so because my email is not associated with a maintainer of a
Bioconductor package. Might this be the problem or am I not supposed to
have access to the Credentials site yet?

Any help would be appreciated a lot!

Best,

Katharina (GitHub: kathiwaury)