[Bioc-devel] Build errors related to the new pwalign package

Hervé Pagès hp@ge@@on@g|thub @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Apr 24 18:52:17 CEST 2024

Hi developers,

pairwiseAlignement() and stringDist() have recently moved from
Biostrings to the new pwalign package. This is causing a number of
failures today on the 3.19 report. Since yesterday I've been actively
repairing packages affected by this by pushing fixes to
git.bioconductor.org. Most packages are now fixed but this won't reflect
before tomorrow's report.

Later in the day I'll send emails to the maintainers of packages that I
have touched and ask them to resync their GitHub repos with
git.bioconductor.org.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best,