[Bioc-devel] RCAS build error on Nebbiolo2 - Missing BiocManager

Hervé Pagès hp@ge@@on@g|thub @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Sat Oct 28 01:40:35 CEST 2023

Hi Bora,

BiocManager is installed on the machine but 'R CMD check' does not "see"
it because you don't have it listed in Suggests. This 'R CMD check'
behavior is controlled by the _R_CHECK_SUGGESTS_ONLY_ behavior and is
only enabled on our Linux builders for now.

However, please note that the code in your examples, vignettes or unit
tests should NOT install packages. I don't know what package exactly
checkSeqDb('hg19') is trying to install but that is what should be
listed in Suggests instead of BiocManager. That way it won't be
reinstalled over and over again by  'R CMD check'.

Best,

H.