[Bioc-devel] Is my package suitable for Bioconductor?

Vincent Carey @tvjc @end|ng |rom ch@nn|ng@h@rv@rd@edu
Tue Oct 24 15:14:33 CEST 2023

agreed    this discussion is best discussed in the open

On Tue, Oct 24, 2023 at 8:57 AM Lluís Revilla <lluis.revilla using gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Tim,
>
> I think there is a mentorship program for cases like this (I am not sure if
> it still accepts mentees):
> https://www.bioconductor.org/developers/new-developer-program/
> I also recommend the book the Bioconductor community wrote to help with
> submissions: https://contributions.bioconductor.org/index.html
>
> Questions are usually posted here, which will not only help you but future
> users/potential contributors with the same doubts/questions.
> So I would recommend that if the previous resources do not help to just
> list your questions here for anyone to chime in.
>
> If you want more feedback, you  may address the question to someone you
> know from the community or using the slack to ask some questions are also
> good options.
>
> Looking forward to seeing the package in Bioconductor.
>
> I hope this helps,
>
> Lluís
>
> On Tue, 24 Oct 2023 at 12:46, Timothy Barry <tbarry2 using andrew.cmu.edu>
> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > My collaborators and I are considering submitting our R package for
> > single-cell CRISPR screen data analysis to Bioconductor (package website
> <
> > https://katsevich-lab.github.io/sceptre/> and e-book <
> > https://timothy-barry.github.io/sceptre-book/>). We have several
> > questions about the suitability of our package for Bioconductor and
> changes
> > that we might need to implement to make our package more consistent with
> > Bioconductor package guidelines. Would a member of the Bioconductor team
> be
> > available for a brief (30-60 minute) Zoom call to discuss these issues?
> We
> > would very much appreciate the help.
> >
> > Thank you greatly,
> > Tim Barry
> >
> > Timothy Barry, PhD
> > University of Pennsylvania
> > Department of Statistics and Data Science
> > Postdoctoral researcher

The information in this e-mail is intended only for the ...{{dropped:18}}