[Bioc-devel] Vignette files causing package to exceed 5 MB size limit

Richard Heery r|ch@rdheery @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Fri Oct 6 18:28:21 CEST 2023

Hi all,

My package tarball is only 4.4 MB when I build it without building the
vignettes. However, it increases to 7 MB when I build the vignettes. My
vignette is a html_document that creates several images and is 3.8 MB
uncompressed so quite large. Since my package is under the 5 MB limit
without building vignettes, would that be considered small enough to pass
or must the size of the vignettes be counted as part of the package size?

Cheers,

Richard