[Bioc-devel] Workflow package build all OK but no vignette and red Package propagation status LED

Hervé Pagès hp@ge@@on@g|thub @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Sat Nov 18 02:22:29 CET 2023

Hi Jim,

On 11/17/23 06:22, James Perkins wrote:
> Thanks I didn't know about the mouseover hint! It appears that this
> package (miRBaseConverter) is failing the check on linux:
>
> https://bioconductor.org/checkResults/3.18/bioc-LATEST/miRBaseConverter/
>
> Leading to the red light ExpHunterSuite on the linux build only:
>
> https://bioconductor.org/checkResults/3.18/workflows-LATEST/ExpHunterSuite/
>

> However, what I'm not sure about - is this unavailable dependency the
> reason why the landing page for ExpHunterSuite does not show the
> vignette or source code?
>
> https://bioconductor.org/packages/3.18/workflows/html/ExpHunterSuite.html

Yes. The vignettes displayed on the package landing pages are generated
from what's found in the _published_ source tarball. Since no source
tarball for ExpHunterSuite ever made it to the BioC 3.18 repositories,
the landing page that we produce is missing a few things (it's a
degraded version of the standard landing page).

Note that miRBaseConverter has been failing on Linux for more than 6
months, for not declaring BiocStyle in its Suggests field, and despite
numerous reminders (emails sent by core team members in addition to the
weekly automatic BBS notifications). Maybe you want to try and ping the
miRBaseConverter maintainer by opening an issue at
https://github.com/taoshengxu/miRBaseConverter ? Maybe you'll have more
luck.

Otherwise, we will soon deprecate miRBaseConverter in BioC 3.19.
Unfortunately this means that you'll need to modify the ExpHunterSuite
workflow to no longer rely on it.

Best,

H.