[Bioc-devel] Unable to install Bioconductor despite multiple attempts and troubleshooting

Chiagozie Ifeoma Pickens Ch|@goz|e-Ononye @end|ng |rom northwe@tern@edu
Tue Nov 7 17:54:05 CET 2023

Hi! I am wondering if you have any other suggestions on how to install the Bioconductor package?
I keep getting this error message even though I am on the internet and this website https://bioconductor.org/config.yaml works.
I have also discussed with my IT department and they cannot find any issues with the SSL connection, and I am not behind a firewall that is affecting this website.

BiocManager::install()
Error: Bioconductor version cannot be validated; no internet connection?  See #troubleshooting section in vignette
In addition: Warning messages:
1: In file(con, "r") :
  URL 'https://bioconductor.org/config.yaml': status was 'SSL connect error'
2: In file(con, "r") :
  URL 'https://bioconductor.org/config.yaml': status was 'SSL connect error'
> BiocManager::install()

Thanks,
Chiagozie

Chiagozie Pickens MD MSc
Assistant Professor
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care
Northwestern University

McGaw Medical Center
240 E Huron #2-411
Chicago IL 60611
Pager: 312.695.3562
Email: Chiagozie-ononye using northwestern.edu