[Bioc-devel] surfaltr build on Bioc 3.17 error advice

Hervé Pagès hp@ge@@on@g|thub @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Mar 21 21:50:06 CET 2023

On 21/03/2023 12:48, Pooja Gangras wrote:

> Hi Herve,
>
> Thank you for the quick response.
>
> So what surprises me is that msa was compiling and building just fine
> on the devel branch until now.
As I said, the switch from C++14 to C++17 happened not too long ago in
the devel version of R. And since we recently updated R on the BioC 3.17
builders to the most recent R devel, that switch is now reflected on the
3.17 builds.
> And hence so was surfaltr, without any errors. There was a warning in
> surfaltr which one can see on the 3.16 release, I had fixed it in the
> devel branch. For some reason I was not able to push changes to the
> existing 3.16 release branch.
That's a separate issue but if you provide more details about how you
tried to do this and what happened, maybe someone on this list will be
able to help.

> I will go ahead and contact the maintainer for msa but hoping that it
> will fix itself before release because it was just fine until yesterday.

Unfortunately it won't fix itself.

H.