[Bioc-devel] Urgent minor deployment of a release?

Neumann, Steffen @neum@nn @end|ng |rom |pb-h@||e@de
Mon Jun 19 21:30:24 CEST 2023

... And as a reviewer I'd never have an issue if a paper describes
something and mentions in which Version (x.y.z) it is released,
regardless in what BioC release/devel that is.

Yours,
Steffen

On Mon, 2023-06-19 at 11:46 -0400, Vincent Carey wrote:
> Hi Adam, thanks for your note.
>
> Changes to release branch sources must be limited to bug fixes or doc
> improvement.  Any new features
> must be introduced only in the devel branch.  Any features to be
> removed
> must be indicated as
> deprecated for one release and then labeled as defunct.  See
>
> http://contributions.bioconductor.org/deprecation.html
>
> for guidance on feature removal.
>

> On Mon, Jun 19, 2023 at 10:11 AM Park, Adam Keebum
> <sein.park using psu.edu>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I wonder if there is any room for deploying a modification to a
> > released
> > library(retrofit, 3.17), which was released last month.
> >
> > We are in a progress of a paper review, so the release schedule
> > (twice
> > each year) does not perfectly fit our need.
> >
> > Or do you think we should have used "devel" for such purposes?
> >
> > Sincerely,
> > Adam.

IPB is hiring:
* Research associate (computational metabolomics)
https://www.ipb-halle.de/en/career/job-vacancies/joboffer-
detail/wissenschaftliche-r-mitarbeiter-in-computational-metabolomics-
mwd/

Upcoming events:
* ELIXIR AllHands 5.-8.06.2023 @ Dublin Convention Centre, Ireland
  https://elixir-europe.org/events/elixir-all-hands-2023
* CoRDI 2023, 12.-14.09.2023 @ Karlsruhe
  https://www.nfdi.de/cordi-2023/?lang=en

---
IPB Halle                    Computational Plant Biochemistry (CPB)
Dr. Steffen Neumann          http://www.ipb-halle.de/
Weinberg 3                   Tel. +49 (0) 345 5582 - 1470
06120 Halle                       +49 (0) 345 5582 - 0
sneumann(at)IPB-Halle.DE     Fax. +49 (0) 345 5582 - 1409