[Bioc-devel] Rhtslib on arm64

bode@hoier m@iii@g oii bioi@i@jku@@t bode@hoier m@iii@g oii bioi@i@jku@@t
Wed Jun 7 11:29:21 CEST 2023

Dear Hervé, dear Rhtslib developers, dear BioC core team,

I am regularly checking all BioC check results in order to make sure that I
do not miss any issues of the four Bioconductor packages that I am
maintaining. It seems that the ‘podkat’ package in BioC 3.17 release has not
been built for arm64 yet. On the results page
https://bioconductor.org/checkResults/3.17/bioc-mac-arm64-LATEST/, ‘podkat’
has been “red” for weeks now. It seems to me that the reason for this is
that ‘Rhtslib’ does not build either. I have now looked at the results page
of ‘Rhtslib’
(https://bioconductor.org/checkResults/3.17/bioc-mac-arm64-LATEST/Rhtslib/)
and it seems that it is a simple issue with a lock file on the build server,
but not a major problem why the package is not built (who knows, but I
suppose so). I am therefore asking if anybody is able to resolve that issue
such that the ‘Rhtslib’ package builds for arm64 and , as a consequence,
hopefully, my ‘podkat’ package too.

Thanks a lot in advance and best regards,
Ulrich